Thursday, July 11, 2013

And so it begins...

Things are finally coming together for this closet! I have been thinking of starting my own closet for several months now - but a lot of pieces had to be in place before that could start. It has been a couple months of planning, painting, and sharing the idea with several friends who are also angel baby crafters - and now we are finally ready to move forward with this closet!

Here are a few of the things we've had donated to get this closet ready for opening:

40 outfits from Heidi - 10 of each size of each gender


 They look so pretty all hanging up, don't they? I only have a few hangers that are small enough so for now most of them are still in a box - but I do love the look of the hanging gowns.

Blankets - many from Heidi - some from my aunt and a few from other people too



Blanket/bracelet sets all in memory of Chloe Howell. Her mom makes such beautiful headbands to go with the girl's bracelets:

The bracelet sets have one Mom bracelet and a baby bracelet with a matching charm. The little boy sets have a little bow with a matching charm instead of a bracelet.


And I got another donation today of a whole bunch of beautiful crochet work - but I haven't had a chance to photograph it the way it deserves yet, but I'll get better pictures up soon. Thanks Ginger for bringing me all this new stuff today! We had so much fun reorganizing things in the closet and completing sets (outfit, blanket, diapers, hat).

This is what my front room looked like today - isn't it great?

We also sent out our first donation (4 sewn outfits) to a NIMLDTS photographer in Missouri who wants to have outfits to take with her on photo shoots. 


I have to admit - I had no idea how much love went into a project like this. And not just my own love for the project - but the love of so many people who make so many beautiful things for angel babies. There is so much love in my little closet - every time I open it the love kind of spills out. It truly is a beautiful thing and a blessing in my life. I can't even count the number of amazing people I have met through working on this project. You might think that a lot of angel moms (as they are typically called - meaning a mom who has lost a baby at some point) getting together would result in tears. And it does on occasion, but it also results in some of the most amazing sharing and loving and tender mercies I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment